Please find below a number of useful links to websites locally in the Brighton & Hove Hove area and nationally about many fostering and adoption related issues.
For local information:
- Information about Brighton & Hove City Council
- Where to get advice in Brighton & Hove if you are worried about a child
- Information about the young person's substance misuse service in Brighton & Hove: ru-ok?
- Information about childcare services in Brighton & Hove area and nationally: Family Information Service
- Local and community information developed and managed by the Libraries, Information and Arts service of East Sussex County Council in association with Brighton and Hove Libraries East Sussex Community Information Service
- Barnardos Link Plus team provides short break respite care for children with disabilities
- 16 plus Support team and Supported Lodgings 16 PLUS
- Rainbow Families - for LGBT parents in Brighton and Hove
- MOSAIC - BME family support group
For national information:
- Adoption Uk - supporting adoptive families before, during and after adoption
- http://corambaaf.org.uk/ - the leading membership organisation dedicated to improving outcomes for children and young people in care
- https://www.gov.uk/topic/schools-colleges-childrens-services/adoption-fostering - The government's Department for Education page about adoption.
- After Adoption - Post-adoption support
- PAC - Adoption and Permanency Support
- The Infertility Network
- The Adoption Contact Register - Gov.uk www.gov.uk/adoption-records/the-adoption-contact-register
- New Family Social - for LGBT adoptive families
- Post Adoption Centre - helpline available and local surgeries for adoptive families and adults affected by adoption
- www.gro.gov.uk - General Register Office. The Government's own official website for birth, marriage and death certificates for England and Wales.